An email from July 2004:
Congratulations! You've been admitted to the Knitting Bloggers' Web Ring!
* * * * *
In the interest of actually being able to do some work, I've been spending some time over the past couple of months trying to clean up and organize my workroom! I've organized, I've purged, I've replaced old inefficient furniture with more practical shelving.
It was a pretty big disaster, not helped in the least by the holidays. Also, I may have too many interests... knitting, dyeing, photography, sewing... not to mention that I'm the defacto family historian/genealogist. Yarn, needles, magazines, books, dye, kettles, tubs, measuring & stirring tools, cameras, lenses, flashes, reflectors, props, sewing machine, fabric, thread, cases, bags, and totes.
I've made progress, but it's slow; and there eventually comes the point when I hit the wall. WHAT NEXT?
I was at that point yesterday when Katie walked in the back door. I asked her to come in and see my progress, "Look! You can even see the sewing machine."
It took her a few seconds, "Where??" And I had to direct her gaze. *sigh*
"Would you like me to help you for a little while?"
Um. YEAH! We discussed an overall plan and then set to work.
I'll tell you what, people. If you're having a hard time cleaning things out -- deciding what's worthy of keeping, etc. -- invite someone to help you. The answer you give when you ask yourself whether to keep something is completely different than when you're asked by someone else!!
One small victory: the Rubbermaid "tote full of totes" is no longer a thing! There are a few remaining, but only the ones I use or really want!
I'm not sure which pile o' papers gave up the blog ring email; I don't recall ever making a conscious decision to keep it, but obviously neither had I made a decision to toss it.
Anyway, progress made... GREAT progress, yesterday!
* * * * *
I've finished a few knitting projects for & since the holidays -- a couple of caps for Rusty, another hoodie for Junah (no photos of that one yet).
Rib-A-Roni x2! Rav'd: v.1 and v.2. I used some tweedy Plymouth Galway Worsted that I've had hanging around for years.
Continuing with the "clean up" attitude, I've pulled an old WIP off the shelf to finish:
It's the Lokken Kerchief from Knitscene Accessories 2012 that I started it on June 23, 2012. The pattern was separated from the knitting, so I had to track it down, but I'd purchased the electronic version of that publication from Interweave and it was easy to download it again! I've figured out my place and finished the actual knitting; now comes the tedious process of fringe.
I will not lose focus!