Not only did I get to visit Silver Lake with Margene (one week ago today!), I was also able to photograph a fresh Different Lines there with Margene as my model! A little overwhelmed was I, what with being at Silver Lake with Margene, and the moose, and the kids, and SILVER LAKE with MARGENE! They're pretty standard FO shots... except, you know, they're at SILVER LAKE! Whew!
- Project: Different (Different Lines Shawl) by Veera Välimäki, 100% Rain
- Yarn: Malabrigo Sock (eggplant) from Iris Fine Yarns, Appleton, WI
- Yarn: Knit Picks Bare Superwash Wool & Nylon, fingering, Make.Do.Dyed for Project Spectrum in a shade of pink that reminded me of Grandma, so called "Virginia"
- Needle: Susan Bates Quicksilver 6US/4.25mm
- Mod: Knit one row and cast off in contrasting color
- Start to Finish: August 31, 2011 - September 26, 2011. Finished while at the Rocky Mountain Knitters' Retreat at Alta Lodge in Utah!
I had a great and busy and quite productive weekend -- cooking, knitting, dyeing, harvesting, dyeing some more! Also gearing up for a brand new, twice-monthly Knit Night at the coffee shop beginning this Thursday... Wish you were here!
I'm still living on the high I got from your visit! I need to add that your shawl was soft and wonderful to touch and wear! After the FO shots you wore it everywhere. Different is wonderful.
My weekend was fairly productive, too, but you fit in far more into two days than I do.
Posted by: margene | 03 October 2011 at 10:34 AM
Simply beautiful! :-)
Posted by: Kym | 03 October 2011 at 11:30 AM
I love your new shawl and love even more that you got to take your photos at Silver Lake. The Margene Treatment is something special, isn't it?!
Posted by: Carole | 03 October 2011 at 12:17 PM
I LOVE your Different Lines!! It's BEAUTIFUL. So is Margene - what a fabulous time you both must have had!! love it.
Posted by: margaux | 03 October 2011 at 01:35 PM
Love these pictures. The shawl is lovely and the setting spectacular but really glows is the two of you.
Posted by: gale (she shoots sheep shots) | 03 October 2011 at 04:51 PM
The shawl is gorgeous!
What could be better than Silver Lake with Margene, a moose, and a lovely new shawl?
Posted by: Cheryl S. | 03 October 2011 at 06:02 PM