knitorious.typepad.com > Galway Hat

« Back to Galway Hat

Galwaytop

Galwaytop

The crown was to be knit with DPNs the same size as the brim, but I didn't have them. Instead, I used a size smaller. Having been my first attempt at using DPNs in a bazillion years, I think my knitting was a little tight. Also, I picked up exactly the number of stitches that the pattern called for -- a pattern originally written for a child. I probably should have adjusted the number of stitches based on the circumference. Everyone loves it, though, and it's acceptable as is; I'll get the calculator out for the next one.

Permalink