Ten on Tuesday: 10 Patterns I Could Knit Again
As I perused my Ravelry Projects, I was surprised at how many patterns I've already repeatedly knit!
Sometimes I knit the same pattern two or three times, each in a different size: Soakers, Cloche Divine, Wallaby, Aviatrix.
Sometimes I knit the same pattern multiple times because I was working out specific modifications: Afghani Cap, Log Cabin Slipper Socks.
Sometimes it was gift knitting: Sachets, Duffers, Oddfellow, Calorimetry.
Sometimes it was all about the yarn/color (which also comes into play with gift knitting, you know, to keep those multiples interesting): Different Lines, Stripe Study, Baktus, Noro Striped Scarf, Mitered Mittens, Shape It.
And sometimes, it truly is a pattern that I just love: Ragtops, Vintage Baby Cardi, Cabled Pullover.
I think it's safe to say that I'd knit almost any of those patterns yet again!
For the sake of this exercise, though, I thought I'd concentrate less on patterns that I've already knit more than once, and look ahead a bit more... while also looking back, I guess! Heh.
1. Ragtop. Yes, I've already knit at least four pair, but I love them and wear them and I will definitely knit them again!
2. Foolproof. This was a fun knit and, to me, one of those "blank canvas" types of patterns. The design is great, but the yarn/color choices make it.
3. Entrelac Scarf. I love the texture of this scarf, and anything Noro keeps it interesting -- amazingly entertaining, actually. (I know I'm not the only one.) Also, the Noro Striped Scarf.
4. Fib. I love that sweater, but I would knit it a bit narrower and longer the next time. Maybe take some accurate measurements and stuff, you know?
5. Parcheesi. I've actually already started one... the colors are more muted and I'm not sure I love it and it's also fingering weight again. I'd love to knit it bed-size and in worsted.
6. Demne. This was such an interesting little sweater to knit, I've been threatening to knit another since it came off the needles. And I will!
7. Pull Gaspard. I *love* this design; my gauge was a little off on the first and yarn choice probably not the greatest. I'll definitely be knitting another, larger size.
8. Little Monster. The cutest kiddo pants ever! Junah needs a pair, don't you think?!
9. Garter Yoke Baby Cardi. Fantastic pattern.
10. Dimorphous Mittens. These make so much sense! Genius, really.
* * * * *
There's lots to catch up on... my trip to L.A., not to mention the last of Scotland, and a great Farm-Field Dinner.
Meanwhile, Junah had his first overnighter at Grandma & Grandpa's last weekend!
Fun times in the kitchen sink!
For reference: He's one week old in the "Soakers" photo; 6.5 months in the sink!