Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things/Subjects I Wish I Knew More About
I don't know... this may be another less-than-10! Most of the time, if there's something I truly want to know more about, I dive in and learn. It's not usually exhaustive research and I don't become an expert, but I've always learned more and possibly enough.
There are other things that I sometimes idly wish I knew more about -- art, history, mythology, literature, politics. I've found that my desire for this type of knowledge is often greatest after a conversation with someone to whom the word "pretentious" might apply. And, really, I know enough to happily function on a day-to-day basis. I have an open mind... things fall in.
I like to learn, but I am not an academic. I do things. I learn and make and do. Make.Do.
Most recently, over the past couple of years, I've actively pursued (in varying degrees) learning about and doing these things:
1. Being a childbirth assistant/doula.
2. Hand sewing.
3. What is/how to make a moulage & sloper for pattern-making.
4. Food and nutrition.
I've continued to learn a little more about:
7. Dyeing yarn.
I haven't really finished learning about any of those things but, you know, the need for certain areas of knowledge waxes and wanes like most everything else in life.
I would like to learn:
8. Web design, HTML, and CSS. I have a leg up on the HTML because of my experience years ago as a typesetter. I can make a pretty good site (just updated Oceans and Dreams last night), but I'm certain I could make both O&D and this blog better.
9. How to predict and/or control the future and/or weather.
10. That way, I'd be better informed in order to pack for my vacation!!
Haha. And with that, I believe I've just entered the giddy stage of vacation prep!!