Ten on Tuesday: 5 + 5
5 Favorite Sweater Patterns +
5 Favorite Yarns To Use = 10 Things!
Here are the last 5 sweaters I pinned to I Don't Have Enough On My Plate:
I'm not really trying to match yarn to project, but I'm dreaming and it just so happens that...
6. My Kate sent me about 1750 yards of Belle Epoque lace-weight yarn for my birthday! On a clear day, she can see the actual Firth of Forth from her kitchen window, and it's just natural to my mind that this yarn and that pattern would make a wonderful pairing. I'm about 350 yards short but there are options: a) I could make the sweater a wee bit shorter, b) I could make the sleeves shorter or possibly even eliminate them, c) see if Kate can pop over to K1 Yarns to see if there's one more hank in this color/lot.
7. I like the idea of unpretentious Cascade 220 for Maude. After my weekend of moving stuff around, I am quite familiar with some aspects of my stash -- worsted-weight being one of those aspects -- and don't think I have quite enough of any one color. I love the everyday comfy vibe of this sweater!
8. Low Tide is ready to rip. I ran into it over the weekend, tried it on, and it hasn't magically shrunk... it's still too big! That background color could be interesting for Sweatrrr... and there is no shortage of scrap fingering-weight yarn 'round here. I'd play around with making it a cardigan, though.
9. For Spaghetti, I like the idea of saturated color... Tosh Merino or something similar.
10. And for Faro, I have a cone of aran-weight yarn that could be anything at all!
Wow, perusing my Pinterest board beyond those five... there are SO MANY great sweater patterns out there! How does one even decide anymore?