Here are 55 amazing(ly) random things because...
1. Today, I am 55!
2. I was born at 11:26 a.m. on a Thursday.
3. That's a long clip, but quite entertaining.
4. David Bowie.
5. Thursday's child has far to go.
6. I just discovered/realized that my birthday falls exactly 7 weeks before Christmas.
7. Always has.
8. That means Christmas is on a Wednesday this year.
9. "Hump day" is a great day.
10. Except when it's also Christmas Day.
11. Wednesday is one of the dumbest days for any holiday.
12. It's a great day for a regular day off, though.
13. Never thought I'd like it, and then I tried it.
14. Wednesday's been "my day" for almost 10 years.
16. My birthday present from Kate arrived in the mail yesterday -- some lovely hand-dyed 80/20 BFL/Silk laceweight from Scotland -- 1600 m/1750 yds!
17. It's a bit more blue than gray in real life.
19. I'm leaning toward a garment.
20. I'm not averse to a shawl/stole.
21. I do love my one & only laceweight shawl.
22. Hwy. 55 goes right through my town. It's also one of my favorite routes to take in a southerly direction. That side of Lake Winnebago is gorgeous.
23. State & county highways are so much more my style these days.
24. 55 is also the speed limit on many of those roads.
25. A Bugatti Type 55 drives square into "dream car" territory.
26. Today is the 3-week appointment with Ali & her midwife!
27. Soon they'll be 2-week, and then every week appointments.
28. So far, The Birth Partner is the best book I've read on the subject, and the one I'd recommend to a "birth partner." (I have the third edition, shown/linked below; the text link is to the fourth).
30. I'm still pretty focused on baby knitting -- just finished my third soaker, and started a pair of leggings/baby legs.
31. The first leg was knocked out last night. I'll knit one or two pair in worsted weight, but can't wait to pick some fingering weight from the stash to knit some of Ruth's Baby Leggings.
32. 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55. Fifty-five is the 10th number in the Fibonacci sequence.
34. It may be time for an epic project.
35. Knit on with confidence and hope, through all crises. --Elizabeth Zimmermann
36. That's two Ns.
37. And it's a religion!
38. Forgive me, Mother, for I have sinned...
39. I have knowingly started a project without enough wool to finish...
40. What do you suppose would be the penance for that?
41. Kitchener the toes of two pairs of socks...
42. Knit one Baby Surprise...
43. Teach a muggle to knit.
44. FINISH ONE OF YOUR MARINATING PROJECTS!
45. The oak leaves are falling hard right now.
46. It's also raining.
47. A few leaks have been discovered in our roof.
48. Buckets have been employed.
49. Plural. I did not make further inquiry.
50. Because, thankfully, that is not my domain.
51. So, 55.
52. On track to be an unforgettable year.
53. The year I become Grandmother.
54. Schmandmother. (In a good way.)
55. Schfifty Five. (You're welcome.)