Ten on Tuesday: Sum-Sum-Summertime!
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things I Want To Do This Summer
We already did the big thing!
Honestly, I haven't thought about much beyond June 15th but, well, now I guess I can!
10 More Things:
1. Have a great little visit with the visitors from Brazil (arriving tomorrow)!
2. Clean and clean out my workroom -- a serious paring down and purging -- in preparation for...
3. A remodeling project! Actually, it's more of a restoration project. We'll be installing three french doors in a wall where we knew there once were similar doors (probably three french doors). Originally from a house on our block, we purchased them a few months ago at the local antique mall -- the owner of which also lives on our block. That's keeping it local, folks! Heh. I can't wait.
4. As a result of the cleaning, purging and remodeling/restoration, I will likely be rearranging a good deal of our living area. Unless it has a specific and undeniable use -- kitchen, bathroom -- the rooms in our house are always in flux and subject to change. We don't just rearrange the furniture, we rearrange the rooms! We're in serious need right now, too, as some of of them seem more like glorified storage areas with comfortable seating.
5. A rummage sale in August!
Hm, most of this is sounding a lot like work...
6. Day-trips to... Milwaukee and Door County, at least.
7. An overnighter to the Lake Geneva area and a visit to Black Point Estate.
8. Enjoy lots of fresh produce from the local markets; I'm especially looking forward to strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, and celery (I hope).
10. Relax. And knit. Preferably on the deck, and with a cool beverage at-hand. I finally sewed up some sachets last night -- one-and-a-half to go -- and then I plan to finish Romi's mystery shawl while figuring out what to do next... SO MANY CHOICES right now!
- TTL Mystery Shawl (Germinate) by Kirsten Kapur
- Lichen by Larissa Brown
- Tripartite by Stephen West
- A million and one baby/kid things
- A percolating blanket
How about you? What's on your list for summer? What should I add to mine?