Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite TV Moms
In no particular order, and with a couple of extra for good measure. Can you have too many TV mothers? They're all favorites for different reasons!
1. Olivia Walton: The Waltons. Well, for one thing, I always loved Miss Michael Learned's name, and I also loved her voice. She was the epitome of "calm," perfectly conveyed through the tone and timbre of her voice. I wanted to be a Walton.
2. Ann Romano: One Day at a Time. I could relate!! My mother was also a divorced, single mom (of five!), and Barbara & Julie were about my age.
4. Julia Baker: Julia. Oh, she was so pretty and no one's ever more elegantly worn a nurse's uniform!
5. Florida Evans: Good Times. She was dyn-o-mite!
6. Roseanne Conner: Roseanne. Talk about keepin' it real.
7. Clair Huxtable: The Cosby Show. Smart.
8. Kitty Forman: That '70s Show. Giggles erupt the minute Kitty appears.
9. Sophia Petrillo: The Golden Girls. Sophia makes me laugh out loud!
10. Marion Cunningham: Happy Days. Who didn't love Mrs. Cunningham??
11. Caroline Ingalls: Little House On The Prairie. I always wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder, so it makes sense that Ma would be my ma!
12. Maude Findlay: Maude. Not exactly the maternal type, I loved Maude -- and her daughter, also a mom, Carol!
13. Victoria Barkley: The Big Valley. Pretty sure I just had a big crush on Barbara Stanwyck.
Who'd I miss? Mrs. Partridge, Mrs. Brady, Mrs. Addams, Mrs. Munster, Mrs. Cleaver, Mrs. Simpson, Mrs. Jetson, Mrs. Flintstone and Mrs. Rubble, Mrs. Ricardo...