Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things For Which I Am Thankful
1. My three amazing daughters.
2. My great husband.
3. My parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins -- even if it's not always pretty.
4. Their generous and adventurous spirits.
5. Nurturing and inspiring friends.
6. Food -- good and real -- on my plate.
7. The resources and ability to make it into something.
9. The ability to travel -- mostly near but also sometimes far.
10. That I may have found a swimming suit that I actually like... or at least don't loathe.
* * * * *
We stayed at the beautiful Sofitel Chicago Water Tower (thanks to hotwire.com) and treated ourselves to cocktails at Le Bar last night before dinner. My drink yesterday -- Brazil's national cocktail -- was Caipirinha! We had tried to find cachaça last summer so we could make it ourselves at the going-away party for Annie & her family before they moved to Rio, but were unsuccessful here in NE Wisconsin! I imagine we could substitute another rum and probably be happy. Or search some more. Anyway, it was light and lime-y and delicious! Katie had a Monkey Gland. Yeah.
We picked up Maro, a family friend, in the Lincoln Park area on our way home, stopping in Schaumburg for lunch on the way. There, I finally connected with my old friend Julie, whom I haven't seen in close to 20 years! I'm certain that we'll connect again much sooner than that!! It was so great to see her. We dropped Maro off at her mother's, just a few blocks from home, so she could spend Thanksgiving with her family!
For me, it's back to work tomorrow, then running over to pick up Maddy; spending the holiday, which will be very low-key, here at home; back to work on Friday; and then the weekend. Husband should be home sometime in there, and I'm planning our big Thanksgiving celebration for early Sunday afternoon... before Maddy heads back to school!
Also catching up and catching my breath!
I'm thankful that I'm pretty good with logistics, don't mind driving, and that everyone is flexible!!