Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite Ways to Eat Strawberries
1. In the field, right off the vine.
2. In the car, right out of the flat.
3. In the kitchen, right out of the colander.
4. By the slice, right off the knife.
4. In a bowl with a little bit of cream.
5. Sliced, in cereal (Cheerios, Chex).
6. In strawberry shortcake, of course; sometimes with other berries. I like my shortcake less sweet and more biscuit-y than cake-y.
7. In a fruit salad. I made a simple one on Sunday with organic strawberries from my farmers' market neighbor, blueberries from another vendor, and fresh basil from my own yard -- all with the slightest drizzle of honey. So good. I saved a little for yesterday's lunch.
8. Slightly mashed, over ice cream (I guess you'd call that a sundae) or cheesecake.
9. In almost any dessert, actually.
10. The fresher the better, but I do love good homemade strawberry jam!
I meant to take a photo of my fruit salad, but it disappeared before I had a chance. Mom recently brought over this cute gebera daisy -- it goes nicely with the back door of the garage! I've been watering it every evening, but in the heat the other day it was completely wilted and I thought that perhaps a drink in the morning would be better. So far, so good.