This shawl goes with EVERYTHING! The gray with the subtle shades of green and blue... the black with the little pops of green and purple, yellow and red... it turned out better than I'd even imagined.
I love how different the lines look with the shift in focal point... The next shawl (a current WIP) will, indeed, be Different Lines!
- Project: Stripes Soothe The Soul (Stripe Study Shawl) by Veera Välimäki, 100% Rain
- Yarn: Zitron Trekking Hand Art (black) from Rainbow's End Alpacas, Norway, MI
- Yarn: Madelinetosh Pashmina (grey) from The Village Knitter, Babylon, NY
- Needle: Susan Bates Quicksilver 6US/4.25mm
- Mod: Knit one row and cast off in contrasting color
- Start to Finish: August 24, 2011 - September 14, 2011
* * * * *
Kids are coming this weekend and I hope to catch them, individually, in a cooperative mood for a little project I have in mind for their mom... and for their Nana and Noni, too, I guess! They visiting before Mom leaves for Italy for the third summer in a row -- I know.... it's "a business trip" with my stepdad, but with plenty of pleasure, of course! This particular trip has been anticipated and delayed numerous times since April, so it's high time!
Once. I'd like to go to Italy just once. Thankyouverymuch.
Since that won't be happening anytime soon, I'll be trying out a new (to me) Italian restaurant in the middle of nowhere... Al Corso of Collins. I'd have visited sooner except that they're not open for lunch. They tempt me almost daily with menu updates on Facebook, so it's high time!
I'll also be making tomato sauce this weekend, and dyeing! Technically, there are only two weekends left in September and I'll be away for one! I may need to option that first weekend of October for September Project Spectrum (yellow) stuff. Man oh man, autumn sure is taking the fast train!