Ten on Tuesday Thursday! I am no authority, but even I know that it is a big day for Harry Potter fans! I can't let this one pass because, while I've been reading all sorts of lists of awesome things, I can't believe no one (that I've seen) has mentioned Weasley Sweaters or booger-flavored jelly beans. I've never actually read an HP book, and have only seen maybe two of the movies, so maybe my interpretation of...
10 Awesome Things About the Harry Potter Books. Or movies.
...is less literal than some, and more influenced by cultural/commercial interpretations. Heh. No less valid, from my seat. In no particular order:
1. Weasley Sweaters! The Original Harry Potter Sweater! I sent away for The Original kit and knit this modification ("M" for Mack) when he was wee. One of his big brothers was a HUGE fan of Harry Potter, and now Mack is, too!
3. Reading. I can't believe how many times my kids have read some of these books... and how often they had to be at the book store at midnight!
5. The Invisibility Cloak and Many Other Magic Things.
6. Richard Harris as Dumbledore. I adore Richard Harris.
7. Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall. Ditto.
8. Alan Rickman. Ditto.
9. Kenneth Branagh. Ditto.
10. Robbie Coltrane and Julie Walters. Perfect casting.
Haha. I'm going to have to read at least one, aren't I? At least two of my kids are going to be at the theater tonight for the midnight show!