That's right, we're talking FAMILY!
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things I Love About My Family
1. This really shouldn't have been a hard topic for me.
2. As much as they drive me crazy sometimes, I love my family and I believe that they love me, too.
3. The ones that matter, anyway.
5. The rest can just fook off.
6. (I just returned from Great Britain!)
7. I believe I haven't quite reconciled the new family dynamic yet.
8. So it's harder than it should be. Harder than it would have been six months ago, a year ago, five years ago.
9. As much as they drove me crazy then, too.
10. I'll tell you what I do know, though, and love so much that my heart's near burstin'. I love that I just spent days upon days upon days with my husband and kids -- traveling in a strange (to most of us) land, no less, mostly in a small car and with too much (and too heavy) luggage, and even with some measure of sadness along the way. Overall, we were magnificently smiled upon. We had an epic vacation together and we didn't kill each other (or anyone) or even get into an argument -- barely even a heated discussion (about which route to take and whether to heed the Garmin or the old road atlas) (we couldn't have done it without both). I can't believe that it's been nearly a month since we departed. I am -- we are -- still on a vacation high, like nothing I've ever experienced before. Gobsmacked.