Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite Non-knitting Blogs
Welp. I'm actually quite surprised to find (having first to figure out how to find) that I subscribe to *only* 386 blogs. There are over 1000 unread posts and many blogs that should just be deleted. I do periodically go through and clean up my list, deleting feeds that haven't updated -- though I keep a fair number that don't update, "hope's alive" and sentimental whatnot. I have a feeling that today's topic might spur some feedcleaning.
Anyway, I organize my feeds into different folders, subfolders, and combinations thereof -- local, people I know, knitters, art and photography, writers -- they (folders and bloggers) come and go. "Cooking & Food" didn't last long because it's just too dangerous.
And I actually have a folder called "Not Knitting."
1. The Pioneer Woman. I don't read some of the posts by contributors, and while I love the photography it sometimes drives me nuts... 14 photos about how to measure out a teaspoon of salt, etc.
2. Tasty Kitchen. It's not that I don't subscribe to "Cooking & Food" blogs at all!
3. What Katie Ate. The best of them cross and blur the categorical lines.
4. The Sister Project. This feed is in a folder called "Living."
The rest of these are photography blogs. I subscribe to a lot of photo blogs -- mostly, they are photograph-ER rather than -Y. It's all about inspiration.
6. Daily Dose of Imagery. Just what it says!
7. Beth Jansen Photography. Energetic, colorful, and always interesting!
8. Anda Marie Photography. Anda and I both attended a Dave Jackson workshop last year and I've been following her ever since. I admire her energy -- seemingly boundless -- and style.
9. it's a DiRTY word (El TiDY). Another amazing and inspiring local photographer.
10. David E. Jackson Photography. Also local, Dave's just a guy... a VERY CREATIVE guy who is also very generous with his time, talent, knowledge, and encouragement.