Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite Games From Your Childhood
1. Pom Pom Pull Away. When I was heading into third grade my parents bought their first house in a brand new subdivision that was packed with kids. Man oh man, did we play the outdoor games -- every night 'til the street lights came on!!
2. Hide & Seek.
3. Tag -- all varieties!
4. Kickball -- a HUGE favorite in the neighborhood.
5. Marbles (at school). I recall being pretty good at marbles!
6. Truth or Dare. Heheh (when I was a little older). We'd hide out in the dirt piles of whatever new house was being built -- there was always a house under construction!
7. Monopoly. My dad took us on a trip around Lake Superior in a motorhome when I was about 12 and we were playing Monopoly constantly... while listening to a Gary Puckett & The Union Gap cassette (must have been the only one we had)! Indelible marks.
8. Scrabble. Particularly at the cottage, and often with Grandma.
9. Cards - Crazy 8s, Fish, and Old Maid were about the extent of it.