Ten on Tuesday: Intentions
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Intentions for the New Year
1. I intend to continue eating better -- use better (fresh and local when I can) ingredients when I cook, buy our beef and other meat from Armando or another local farmer.
2. I intend to cook more.
3. Which means planning more.
4. And I want to make more of my own "frozen entree" work-day lunches.
5. And instead of just talking about it (again!) and/or wishing I woulda (after-the-fact), I will purchase a CSA share this year.
6. I intend to ride my bike more.
7. I seem to like cycling events and organized rides (something to shoot for), so I intend to search them out. (That doesn't necessarily mean that I will be competing again.) (I'm also not ruling it out.)
8. I intend to do the finishing on the couple of sweaters that are awaiting finishing... and that I'd like to wear!
9. I intend to shoot. More. I like to do it, and sometimes I do it well. (Reminder, above; I can't believe that was only 3 weeks ago). It's getting sort of late, but I might find a 365 -- I like some structure, though.
10. The wind's been knocked out of my sails and the joy in anything and everything has been muffled, if not altogether muted. I intend to fill those sails in the new year and be joyous -- but first I have to get used to the new me -- the one who's lost someone dear, a sister, the sister most like me in many ways -- there's a process and I'm struggling. I hate this feeling right now -- I hate and resist being defined by my sister's death as much as she hated and resisted being defined by her illness! It'll happen... I have a whole year, right?
Bonus #11. My grandmother died on June 8th, my uncle on November 1st, my sister on December 17th, and my great uncle on December 23rd. This year, I intend to connect more -- visit and do things -- with cousins and aunts and uncles (there are even knitters, artists, craftspeople among them) that I don't want to be seeing only at funerals and memorial services!