Ten on Tuesday: Vacation
Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things To Bring On Vacation
Packing for vacation -- no matter where or how long -- is hard; it makes me feel so confined! Hopefully, in 6 or 7 months, I'll be packing for my first overseas trip, so it might be good to start thinking now about what I should bring along.
1. Underwear. I'm always afraid that I'll forget to pack it altogether, so I try to pack it first -- and extras.
2. Travel documents. Tickets, passport, reservation confirmations, maps, list of contacts/info.
3. Footwear. At least two pairs of good, worn-in (but not worn-out), comfortable shoes. I won't be dropping in to visit The Queen, so casual will be fine.
4. Electronics. Camera, laptop, chargers, adapters, cards, readers.
5. Reading material. A book and a couple of magazines for the plane and bed-time reading; I love to read, but don't see making it a priority when I could be doing, oh, I dunno, ANYTHING ELSE in London. Or Scotland. Or Ireland. (But I vote for Scotland.)
6. Knitting. This also for the planes, trains, and automobiles. It's the choosing of the project(s) that can be tricky -- engaging but not too difficult, not taking up much space, containable.
7. Various forms of tender.
8. More cash than I think I need.
9. Clothing pieces that look good smushed. There are some. A few. Every little bit helps.
10. My list.