Ain't no cure for the summertime blahs
My youngest nephew turned 3 last weekend! He's in a Toy Story phase, while his big (by 2 years) brother is in a Star Wars phase, so it makes for some interesting play. And, finally, play they do... together... and pretty darn well. I've never heard such awesome sound effects from a 3yo before!
It has been a weird -- very weird -- sometimes worrisome week.
- First of all, the weather is complete crap -- hot and so uncomfortably humid.
- It is torture to walk the dog, never mind ride my bike -- and race day is coming!
- This morning, it started raining like hell just before I left for work and I encountered three flooded intersections between here and there. Unheard of.
- There's been some under-the-weatherness in the house, which (yay!) I think is now over.
- Katie was rear-ended a block from work on Monday and her car is likely totalled.
- When I returned from picking her up after work that night, I checked my email before bed and learned that my sister and her youngest son were hit head-on in a collision earlier that day (that very same day!) involving three vehicles and her car is completely smushed.
- Thankfully, other than some chafing from seatbelts, everyone seems to have escaped serious injury.
- I feel like there are a million pans in the fire.
- Sometimes it seems the more I try to simplify and slow things down, the more complicated they become and faster the treadmill goes.
- There have been a lot of fireworks.
Summertime blahs, for sure. I hate it like this and can't wait to turn off the a/c. I hope it's better by you!