Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things You Want but Can't Afford
1. An island in Greece.
2. (Or just about anywhere.)
3. A 20-car garage.
4. And the cars to fill it, including a 1958 Corvette, a vintage Saab, a vintage Bugatti (or two), a vintage Porsche (or three), a Karman Ghia... that leaves 12 openings to fill, when moved, as desired.
5. A little farm with chickens and sheep.
6. Hired help -- a gardener, a housekeeper, a cook. "Help" is the keyword; I love being all of those things, it would just be nice to have help sometimes.
7. Extended periods of time off of work without worry of lapses in important areas (such as health insurance), etc., to travel, vacation, explore, relax, get things done.
8. A fix for our health care/economic/political woes.
9. A cure for cancer.
10. World peace.
I love this photo so much that it's serving as decorating inspiration for our new bedroom. The enlargement, which will eventually be framed, arrived yesterday. I had it printed on "pearl" or "metallic" paper -- I had some small ones made of it (and others), also, for cards (which I'll eventually put together and put up on Etsy). Anyway, the ceiling will be barely sky blue, the walls will be in the neighborhood of "wet sand" (or some varieties of chocolate), and the trim and carpet will be shades of "dry sand."