Fixin' and finishin'
My "Larger Than Life" bag was unearthed last night, along with an unfinished Baby Surprise, a cute little baby hat that needs only ends woven in, a mini Clapotis that I don't like, some lovely cashmere knitted into a piece that it doesn't really want to be, and a few odds and ends -- not to mention some yarn.
It seems I ran into the pile that needs fixin' and finishin' -- or rippin' and a do-over.
I love my Larger Than Life bag and loved the idea I stole from Margene, I think, to use drapery tie-backs for the handles, but the bag is HUGE and, because I made it from cotton, it's HEAVY. Taking it to the farmers' market on Saturday and loading it up with veggies, without so much as a dry run to the library, well, you can see the outcome.
I'm finally over the disappointment. It'll make a perfect bag for larger knitting projects -- I think I even made some pockets when I sewed the lining -- so I sat down with it last night to see what I could do. Two of the tie-backs pulled apart completely, the other two are just fine. I removed them all (having sewn them on like there's no tomorrow, this was a little easier than expected) and am in the process of contemplating the options -- with and without tie-backs.