When all else fails, why not make a numbered list of random things on my mind.
1. John Mayer's "Wonderland" is playing on the radio. I really like John Mayer.
2. One day a couple of weeks ago, Katie & I heard a different John Mayer song playing in every place we stopped. I went alone to the grocery store later that day and had to call Katie when a (you guessed it) John Mayer song began to play. It was
kind of way freaky.
3. Neil Diamond is coming to town on a Hot August Night. (Literally: August 27th.) ("Town" being Green Bay -- close enough.)
4. We're contemplating getting tickets to Neil Diamond for Mom for Mother's Day instead of the usual greenhouse/garden center gift certificate. (Contemplation deadline is May 5th, when tickets go on sale.)
5. I went out to lunch on Wednesday with Mom and two of our former neighbor ladies (from when I was 10-12). Mom mentioned that she'd heard some guy on the radio talking about how he'd helped an elderly lady... an elderly lady who was about 70 years old.
6. Mom is 70 years old and made it remarkably clear that she is not elderly; she enlisted the neighbor ladies (both right around 70, themselves) to agree that they are not elderly, either (though I think deep down inside, they might actually feel it a little more). I submitted than anyone who is older than you is an elder... maybe even elder-ly.
7. Neil Diamond is 67 and on tour. A 70-year-old who will never be "elderly" and who loves The Diamond Cutter couldn't possibly be too old to enjoy it...
8. I wish we'd get a little stretch of warm, sunny days -- I want to take a few days off, but I want nice ones.
9. I'm starving. Lunch is on the way.
10. TGIF. Hoping for a nice balance in the weekend -- get a few things done, do a few things just for me. Wishing the same for you.