Way back on September 20th -- a million years ago in blog-years -- Kelly Jo tagged me for a meme. I'll say right up front that I don't play by the rules. It's NaBloHuHaMo and I need all the fodder (and forgotten old draft posts) and I can get!
8 Things About Me
1. I love toasted bread -- English muffins, bagels, white bread, wheat bread -- and I mean toasted. Nice and dark brown, so it makes noise when you butter it, and even with a little burned-y parts on the edges.
3. I really like going to school and learning. I'm learning lots!
4. I really (really) (did I mention "really"?) hate doing the homework. I think I'd rather take a bunch of tests.
5. I am procrastinating about homework at this very moment.
6. I don't know what this will mean for me come next semester.
7. I enjoyed every birthday wish! Thank you. ; )
I also like my presents. A sterling silver needle gauge necklace, just like I wanted! A carousel of family photographs chosen, printed and assembled by Madeleine. Yarn and patterns and books -- and chocolate!! My friends and family know just what I like. And they know how to take a hint, as I received two copies of The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook! This happens to me a lot, the receiving of duplicate gifts. I know it has everything to do with me, and probably something to do with my past -- maybe not childhood, I can't say whether it's Mom or Dad or Santa Claus, but definitely some big disappointment somewhere along the line -- and so now I just make sure to spread the word when there's something I really want. Katie gave me Natural Dyeing -- it's absolutely gorgeous.
8. Maybe my homework next semester will be a little less "homework" and a little more "home work." Well, maybe more like "home fun." There's just got to be more balance; there are too many things I want to do. (Simplify, simplify, simplify.)