On my list of things to finish this month was Shirley Shrugs -- again. Late last week, I pulled out my cast-off edge and "shortened" it by several rows and bound off again, but a little looser this time. I took it over for a fitting yesterday to determine the most comfortable seam length, then finished that off during the football game. Mom had been having a hard time telling top from bottom. With the addition of short-row shoulders, there's definitely a difference, though it is fairly subtle. I'd shown her the tell-tale "design feature," the double-crossed cable marking the first short-row shoulder, but apparently it isn't as apparent to her as it is to me, or maybe she needs her glasses on in order to see it. I tied a small bit of yarn on the inside at each shoulder, but that's not so pretty and is still a mostly visual clue, so I also attached a vintage mother-of-pearl & Bakelite button to the inside left.
Time is running out! I'm heading to Madison for the day on Wednesday to finally see New School Knitting: The Influence of Elizabeth Zimmermann and Schoolhouse Press! There may also be blogging and fiber fun, a little shopping, perhaps a sighting of my niece, and definitely dinner meet-up with the Mackster. ; )