48 Things You Could Care Less About... But It's My Birthday and I'll Meme if I Want To!
1. FIRST NAME? Victoria -- my friends call me Vicki, or Vick; my brother called me Ficki when he was little and my little sister Gicki, and now my brother sometimes calls me Gick.
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? As I recall, my dad had a friend in school whose mother was named Vicki/Victoria.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I cry all the time.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. I'm usually in a hurry or my hand is stiff or my wrist hurts -- and it shows.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Ham. I like bologna, too, but I always get the hiccups when I eat a bologna sandwich.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? If my blog counts, and I don't know why it wouldn't, especially since I seem to go on and on sometimes about all kinds of things, probably more than I should, then yes.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I do! All of my sibings do, and so do all of my children!
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Absolutely not (this answer stolen verbatim from Ann).
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Post Great Grains with Raisins, Dates, & Pecans.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Coffee (with chunks of chocolate).
14. SHOE SIZE? 9.
15. RED OR PINK? Red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My lack of motivation, drive, passion.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grandparents.
DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?* Tums. Does that count? That's about the only thing I get up for in the middle of the night. ; ) When I was pregnant with Katie, I used to get up and eat Oreos... 10 of them -- dunked in milk, of course.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Light burnt orange v-neck with 3/4-sleeves and a black vest, blue jeans, yellow-orange socks, black shoes.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Oooh, yum... one of the birthday donuts for work (it had chocolate on it).
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Computer hum.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Blue-gray (discontinued).
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Line-dried laundry. (Next favorite? Something baking in the oven.)
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Madeleine... and then the high school attendance office.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes (are they smiling?)
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Most definitely.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Do I have a favorite drink? I guess I've most recently ordered either beer or a margarita of the alcohol variety. Otherwise, Caffeine-free Diet Coke.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Football.
29. EYE COLOR? Hazel.
30. HAT SIZE? I have no idea, but not small. I don't wear hats much.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. I used to -- I had extended wear contacts around the time of Katie's birth and wore them for her entire first year. Then something happened to them and I never replaced them.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Lasagna.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Definitely not scary. I like the ones that make you wonder what's going to happen next, and also the ones that make my heart fill and the tears spill.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Spring.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Foot rubs.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Almost anything with chocolate as the main ingredient.
WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY?* If you're in the bed, I'm on your right. Why? Because I'm right-handed and hubby is left-handed? It's closer to the door (though, since we rearranged, further from the bathroom and that's really more important)?
LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY?* This is deep, really, really deep. I think I shall expound on all the possibilities presented herein in an entirely separate post.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The Memory Keeper's Daughter
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Wisconsin Timber Rattlers/Time Warner Cable
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Sunday Night Football -- Colts vs. Patriots.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Children singing.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Home has been so many places, it's kind of hard to say... I'm going to say Albuquerque, NM.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Keeping my cool.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I believe I'm the last person on the internet to do this; first seen at Cara's and Ann's. I've been holding out.
*Thanks to Ann for providing me with three replacement questions. ; )
Happy Birthday to Me!! I had a most excellent, fun, and relaxing weekend, which culminated in the baking of a birthday cake and making of homemade lasagna to share with my husband and kids and mom and stepdad. Then I wrapped my youngest in duct tape.