High School Memories...
Thank god for Ann, who thanked god for Maryse, otherwise I'd have nothing! Well, I would, but I don’t have pictures and it’ll be better with pictures.
Fill in the blanks about your senior year. The longer ago it was the better.
1. Who was your best friend? Patsy.
2. What sports did you play? I don’t think there were any girls’ sports teams – I don’t think there were enough students at my school to HAVE a team.
3. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't get my license until after I graduated. I did drive a snowmobile to school in the winter, though, and a bike in the summer. (When I did get my license, several months later, I drove a baby blue 1972 Toyota Corona -- there's one almost just like it in "That 70s Show"!)
4. It's Friday night, where were you at? Very often, my friends drove their Chevy Vans or Barracudas or Mustangs or Chargers to an abandoned pig or chicken farm – chickens, I think – where we’d have a little fire and a lotta licker. My beverage of choice then was a modified Sloe Screw (sloe gin and o.j.). In the winter, I think the party was usually at my house!
5. Were you a party animal? See #4!
6. Were you considered a flirt? I probably would have been if there’d been enough of a pool of boys with which to flirt.
7. Ever skip school? Not senior year.
8. Ever smoke? Yes.
9. Were you a nerd? No way.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? No.
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? I don't know if there is one.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? Didn’t have one.
13. Favorite class? English.
14. What was your school's full name? St. Croix High School
15. School mascot? I don’t know – is there one? Update: I think maybe Eagles.
16. Did you go to Prom? There wasn’t a prom. We did have Homecoming – for basketball season because there wasn’t a football team/season (insurance was too expensive) – and I was actually a contender for queen. Never woulda guessed…
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Lord, no.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? The ceremony lasted 45 minutes – practically my whole entire family was there and they were all so happy about that. The music – Jesse Colin Young's “Get Together,” and Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young?) “Teach Your Children.” (We all wanted to be hippies, but were born too late.) We might have had 'em play "Rhiannon," too.
19. Favorite memory of your senior year? Two. 1) One day, the whole senior class drove in a caravan, 30 miles, to the “professional photographer’s” to have our senior photos taken. 2) Our class trip to Minnesota in early May – we kayaked while it snowed, and rode horses… it must have been the horses’ first time out of the barn that spring because we didn’t even have to kick ‘em to make ‘em go and there was no amount of pulling on the reins that would get ‘em to stop – they stopped when they were good ‘n wore out and it’s lucky no one was decapitated on the “trail ride.”
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? ???
21. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes, I worked for my dad on a weekly shoppers’ guide.
22. Who did you date? I didn’t really date anyone during senior year – I was so new at school – I was just pretty much friends with everyone.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? I don’t remember lunch.
24. Have you gained weight since then? Yep.
25. What did you do after graduation? Continued to work for my dad for a few months and then moved to Superior and worked as a receptionist for a government agency.
26. When did you graduate? 1976.