I'm taking the day off, maybe a few (don't worry, everything's fine) (I've never done that before) (perhaps it won't even last). I'm pulling this post out of the freezer, though it's barely froze through! (Keep reading, that'll make sense.)
Celia tagged me!
Instructions: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
Cj's Knitting Basket
Emy's blah blah blah blog
Purls Beyond Price, KimberliNY
Select 5 people to tag. I agree with Celia, "...I know these things are akin to chain letters and they take some time, but there's nothing like direct questions to learn more about folks." Personally, I copy and paste into a new post, save it as a draft, work on it for however long it takes, and then publish it -- sometimes it's nice to have a heat-and-serve post ready to pull out of the freezer, you know?
I'm tagging all new/new-to-me bloggers, but no pressure -- do as you see fit. Viv/My Wooly Nest? Jenny/Too Many Projects? Chelle/Hanging By A Thread? Jenny/Woman Obsessed? The Crafty Otter/Very Otterly?
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had just begun working again, pretty much full-time, at an antique mall. This marked my re-entry into the workforce after being a stay-at-home Mom for the five previous years.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was knitting Kate Gilbert's fun Tanguy hat (boohoo, already outgrown!); finishing (and loving) the Northstar Mittens (which Katie also loves -- so much that they are currently touring London with her, though I don't know if they're really getting out all that much); and knitting Jody's Natalya gauntlets for Mom's birthday (she wears them a lot!). We were doing a little remodeling of the upstairs kitchen, which was completed except for the painting. We will soon commence on an adjacent-ish project and perhaps both projects will be finished in one fell swoop... sometime... later. Ali enclosed the paint chips we were pondering in my Christmas card and I think that means, "I've got a brush, let's pick out paint!"
What were you doing 1 hour ago?
Working on this meme!
List five creative things you want to achieve this year:
1. Knit (finally) a pair of Latvian mittens.
2. Build a loggia over, and finish landscaping around, the patio.
3. Finish scanning Mom's old photo albums and burning them to CD.
4. Write something real.
5. Design, build, and make another mosaic table(s).
List five snacks you enjoy:
1. A dish of cottage cheese with pepper.
2. A fresh tomato with salt.
3. A bowl of cereal.
4. Cheetos (puffy).
5. Nearly any type of bakery.
List five things you would do if money were no object:
1. Buy a house at
the each of several beaches, and one in the mountains, and one in the plains.
2. Throw a knit-blogger jamboree/slumber party/get-away/retreat -- maybe on a private island -- and bring y'all to stay overnight for a few nights (or a week or a month...). With really good food, really good drinks ("Oh, cabana boy..."), really good pillows, really good fiber. Just a little frolic.
3. Buy a small, zippy, fuel-efficient sportscar (or six).
4. Buy my sister a little house.
5. Help my kids a little bit.
List five bad habits:
1. Almost always late (just like Celia) -- but never by very much -- 5-10 minutes, for crying out loud. What' s wrong with me.
2. Reading blogs at work (mm-hmm, just like Celia).
4. Diet Coke instead of water (it is caffeine-free, though).
5. Wine (I think Celia and I would get along pretty well); also margaritas and sometimes beer.
List five things you like doing:
2. Driving on a warm sunny day, windows down, rock & roll on the radio -- loud.
3. Poking 'round the garden.
4. Spending time with and talking to my kids.
List five favorite gadgets:
1. My computer.
2. My camera.
3. My scanner.
4. My color laser printer.
5. My mouli (though mine is a rather hideous, dated orange).
Name one thing you like about yourself:
I am who I am.