Good news, bad news
The good news is that I finished the fixing of the second and last cable last night!
The bad news is that I completely ripped out the first one again!
No remorse. It had to be done. Cromarty looks just like it did in yesterday's post! I had a very strong feeling, as I finished that cable, that it wasn't right and confirmed my suspicions last night. I'm hooking back up to a point where the next row that's actually knit will require use of a cable needle (a fourth row in the 4-row plan), but when I finished hooking that first cable, it didn't end on a fourth row. The problem started all the way back at the very beginning -- I was off by one stinkin' row.
I didn't swear, I didn't even get very crabby; I shrugged my shoulders and ripped it all out again.
Pay attention, pay attention, pay attention!! If there isn't a good foundation, what you build up from there is going to be crap, too.
I am getting to be a pretty good hooker!