Here's Audrey before and after the determined frogging on Thursday night. She's still stewing in the pot, but I'll pick her up and give it another go before Monday.
I knew it would be a very slow day at work yesterday, so I brought books to make working copies of some patterns. I made copies of the "Galway" chart and pieced them all together to make a 60-row repeat (that's 1/3 of the pattern). I cut and taped and marked all kinds of notes to myself (RS, WS, arrows to indicate the direction to read, order of the charts). It's been a challenge to wrap my head around all this. I'm no stranger to reading a chart, even large and complicated ones, as I've done many a cross-stitch sampler. Unlike working a sampler, though, where you can stab the fabric and start wherever you want and can read the chart however you want, a knitting chart has to be followed stitch-by-stitch, row-by-row, and there is no background upon which to work.
I also brought my knitting -- Galway -- to work for the first time ever. I forgot to grab the cable needle, though, so here's what I used instead. Other than having too sharp a point, I really liked using this nail! I needed the cn for 2 sts at most, so the length of the nail was great; it wasn't rough, but it did have some texture, so it didn't slide around and even if it did, look at that great big nailhead to keep it from falling out! I managed to knit about a dozen rows at work, using my pieced-together chart, and have thought of some improvements to said chart which I will try today.
I knit a few more rows last night. I think I'm on about row 26 in this picture. The Wool Ease is not the most perfect yarn for showing off the stitches, but I think it will improve as it grows. Having completed a full repeat of the largest chart and several of the smaller two, I am feeling more comfortable.
We're in for another Memorial Day Weekend of crappy weather, so knitting it will be!